AW Ship Management Ltd (AWSM) is committed to the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors, visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by work related activities.
This policy statement reflects AWSM’s commitment of ensuring that health and safety at work is paramount and that effective health and safety management systems are in place to actively contribute to the continuing improvement of a safe working environment. This process will be achieved by adopting the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) principle.
ASWM is committed to identifying, assessing, and controlling health and safety risks arising from workplace activities, products, and services within the scope of the Health and Safety Management System, and will ensure:
- There is suitable provision for the safe access and egress from all working and public areas
- The working environment, including plant and equipment is safe and that adequate processes are in place to assess the risks and implement adequate controls to reduce risks as is reasonably practicable
- Adequate welfare facilities are available to all staff.
- All plant and equipment is maintained and serviced in line with legislation and manufacturers recommendations
- Any person who is not in AWSM’s employment and who may be affected by the working activities is not unduly exposed to risks to their health, safety and welfare.
- Information, instruction, training and supervision is provided as necessary to enable employees to recognise hazards and contribute positively to their own health and safety and others who may be affected by their acts.
- Processes and procedures are in place to control the work activities of contractors
- Consultation with employees is undertaken on all health and safety issues
- Arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances hazardous to health are safe and without undue risk to health
- AWSM will pursue the implementation of the following health and safety commitments in order to ensure the continual improvement to health and safety. as far as is reasonably practicable:
AWSM will pursue the implementation of the following health and safety commitments in order to ensure the continual improvement to health and safety. as far as is reasonably practicable:
- Ensure that health and safety objectives form an integral part of the decision-making process when setting other business objectives.
- Ensure that effective systems of communication are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that the company meets or exceeds all legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the scope of this OH&S policy.
- Ensure effective consultative arrangements on health and safety matters are in place – this will include all levels of staff.
- Ensure adequate financial and physical resources are available to achieve our health and safety goals and objectives.
- Ensure that expert advice is called upon when required, to enable the policy to be implemented.
- Ensure that staff are encouraged and given the facility to make a positive contribution to the implementation of the health and safety policy.